Taking action against prejudice > Activity 4.1
Fair and unfair scenarios
- Show students the two versions of each of the scenarios depicted in Handouts 4-11 and initiate a discussion on appropriate behaviours. Note:Handout 12: Teacher summary [PDF] is included in the downloads to assist teachers.
- Ask students to rank the behaviour depicted in each scenario using "thumbs down" for negative scenarios and "thumbs up" for positive scenarios.
- Ask students to role play the positive scenarios (as depicted in Handouts 8-11).
- Students may colour in the positive scenarios. These may be displayed in the classroom.
- This activity demonstrates ways of dealing with unfair situations.
- If necessary, enlarge Handouts 4-11 to A3 size.