Taking action against prejudice > Activity 4.2
NO GO TELL!
- Introduce communication skills to assist students to achieve positive outcomes in response to unfair situations: Reaction: NO! STOP!
- That’s unfair.
- That’s not kind.
- I don’t like that.
- Please stop!
- Don’t do that.
- Is this fair?
- What can I do?
- Walking away, not aggression.
- Confiding in a teacher, parent or other person who could help.
- NO/STOP: use appropriate language
- GO/THINK: walk away if the situation continues
- TELL/DO: tell a teacher or someone in your safety network if the situation continues.
- This activity introduces students to appropriate strategies for dealing with unfair situations. These strategies need to be revisited throughout the year.
- This activity is adapted from the mandatory NSW DET 1989 Child Protection: Preventing child sexual assault, Early Childhood Curriculum Ideas, which uses NO GO TELL!
- If Kindergarten has not completed the program, this activity may need to be expanded with more discussion of safety networks.
- The activity may also be adapted to complement other similar programs e.g. STOP THINK DO! which may be in used in the school.