Taking action against prejudice
In this activity students create anti-prejudice posters for display around the school.
4.5: Prejudice. No Way! poster
- Discuss with students all that they have learnt about prejudice and discrimination and the harmful effects it can have on people and society.
- Divide students into small groups and ask each group to come up with ideas for an anti-prejudice poster that can be displayed around the school. The message is that unfair behaviours are unacceptable and that a friendly and safe environment is what makes a good school.
- Ask groups to create posters (or other promotional materials) which may then be collated into a collage or series of work called Prejudice. No way!
Alternatively, reach consensus as a class about what should be contained in the poster and have groups contribute to the creation of one Prejudice. No way! poster.
- Display the finished poster or posters around the school.
- Where this activity is used in isolation, some time will need to be devoted to defining prejudice and discrimination.